Thursday 18 November 2010

The Weekly Trade #1

What I'm buying this week.

Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton (Volume One) by James Robinson and Sterling Gates with various artists - After reading the amazing New Krypton storyline, I'm very excited to see what happens next in this intruiging saga. I'm also loving both Robinson and Gates' work on this iconic character.

Fantastic Four: Prime Elements by Jonathan Hickman and Dale Eaglesham - I'm a little behind here, because I only read the Fantastic Four in softcover. But I love the feel Hickman has given to this series, and can't wait to read this (after rereading his first volume; it's been a while).

(UPDATE: Turns out Return of the Dapper Men isn't out in the UK until December. I compensated by getting the next two items.)

Batman: Arkham Reborn by David Hine and Jeremy Haun - I think this is the only trade I'm missing from the early "Batman Reborn" era. Hopefully this will fill in a few gaps.

Superman/Batman: Night and Day by various writers and artists - Whenever I pick up one of these books, I am always pleasantly surprised by the quality. But I suppose with two of DC's biggest characters, i should be obvious. Plus, there's some excellent creative talent in this volume.

Look out for reviews throughout the week; and feel free to offer suggestions or tell me what you're picking up in trade this week, new or old.

No comments:

Post a Comment