Thursday 2 December 2010

The Weekly Trade #3

What's new (for me) this week.

Brightest Day Volume One (Hardcover)
Written by Geoff Johns & Peter J. Tomasi; art by Ivan Reis, Patrick Gleason, et al; published by DC Comics

I have been eagerly awaiting this since Blackest Night finished. Some of my favourite B-list characters are in this, and Johns and Tomasi are two of my favourite writers. Cannot wait to see what the big mystery is.

Batman: Dead to Rights (Softcover)
Written by Andrew Kreisberg; art by Scott McDaniel; published by DC Comics

Lately, Batman Confidential (a series set early in Batman's career) has been a little hit-and-miss. Plus, I'm not really a big fan of Kreisberg or McDaniel. But the Joker's in it, so I'll give it a shot.

Planetary: Crossing Worlds (Softcover)
Written by Warren Ellis; art by John Cassaday, Phil Jimenez and Jerry Ordway; published by WildStorm

With Planetary all wrapped up and put to bed, I'm indulging in this book of three crossovers -- one with The Authority (Ellis's other WildStorm series), one with Batman, and one with the JLA.

Unfortunately, my shop did not seem to have Captain America: Two Americas, which I have been impatient for (it was supposed to be out last week). I'll keep looking though.

Stay tuned for reviews and such throughout the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment