Thursday 9 December 2010

The Weekly Trade #4

I usually buy my comics on a Thursday, but due to severe weather and even more severe Christmas shopping, I'm giving this week a miss. I'll pick up the slack in the coming week, but in the meantime, here's what I would have bought this week...

DCU Christmas Special 2010 (Issue)
By various writers and artists; published by DC Comics
Picked up last year's special and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to see what's in store with this Christmas treat.

Batman: The Widening Gyre, Volume One (Hardcover)
Written by Kevin Smith; art by Walt Flanagan and Art Thibert; published by DC Comics
The first part of Kevin Smith's latest Batman story, which he wrote entirely under the influence of marijuana. Whether incredible or terrible, this is a must-read.

Darkwing Duck: The Duck Knight Returns (Softcover)
Written by Ian Brill; art by Nathan Watson and James Silvani; published by BOOM! Studios
There's conflicting reports on when this comes out (one of the perils of trade-waiting), but I'm hoping for my inner-child's sake that it's an early Christmas present.

Superman/Batman: Big Noise (Softcover)
Written by Joe Kelly; art by Adrian Syaf; published by DC Comics
As I've said elsewhere, these are always entertaining, and might be one of my favourite on-going series.

As you can see, it's gonna be a murder of a week. You're probably gonna be seeing a lot of Classic Reviews this week, including a very special one tomorrow.

(UPDATE: Thor the Mighty Avenger: The God Who Fell to Earth is not out in the UK for another two weeks, according to Amazon. Luckily, the next volume of Irredeemable is out early. Very, very good series.)

No comments:

Post a Comment