Thursday 16 December 2010

The Weekly Trade #5

With Christmas fast approaching (I know, I'm just as shocked), this will probably be my last Weekly Trade update til after the big day, possibly even the new year. You can also expect more sporadic reviews and musings too. Nevertheless, let's see how I'm stocking up for winter...

Superman: Secret Origin (hardcover)
Written by Geoff Johns; art by Gary Frank; published by DC Comics.
You have no idea how eagerly I have been anticipating Geoff Johns' take on the most famous superhero origin story of all time. I'm struggling not to read it as I type this.

Thor: The Mighty Avenger, Volume One (really small softcover)
Written by Roger Langridge; art by Chris Samnee; published by Marvel Comics.
Hopefully the ridiculous size of this trade does not put me off the much-praised story.

Green Lantern Corps: To Be a Lantern (softcover)
Written by Dave Gibbons; art by Dave Gibbons and Patrick Gleason; published by DC Comics.
This is a great series, and I'm catching up on it slowly but surely. I missed this trade due to faulty numbering and my own foolishness. Also, Dave Gibbons!

Hope you have a great Christmas! I'll try to keep the fire burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment